Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Seven Heavenly Virtues - Temperence

Marching in my one woman protest
I hold my sign high
Shouting out for moderation
Never bothering to ask why

My Mommy told me so
My Daddy did the opposite but said so too
My preacher taught me temperance
Even as he slid his hand up my thigh
Proclaiming, "Jesus loves you"

Loose fitting blouse
With a tight starched collar
Nothing to hint at sex
Though it's hard to draw the breath to holler

Too many slogans
Too many things off limits
No drugs no booze no sex no fun
No solution except to live as hermits

Out in the wilderness
Rubbing blue mud in our bellies
Telling oneself that is is so virtuous
No one to hear really except the birds and bees

Today I'm marching in front of a bar
With my black ankle length skirt
My simple metal buckle boots
I am certainly not here to flirt

A bride of Christ
Though I've taken no vows
Just a simple pledge of Temperance
With all the faith and restraint I espouse

Temperance will save you from yourself
And all the horrible consequences
Of living without limits
Without the necessary fences

Temperance now!


No comments:

Post a Comment