Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Seven Heavenly Virtues - Patience

In seeking a solution
An antidote to Wrath
I spoke to many a guru
Until I was set upon the path

Now I seek peace at every turn
I take the turn the other cheek
To a new level of forbearance
Outlasting adversity through endurance

Divinely inspired
Always required
To keep the coals fired
To achieve the heights aspired

Without a compass to guide me
I'll need this trait
To keep me on the path straight
It's the long game of wait

After all
As nothing is achieved overnight
Evil still blossoms in the hearts of many men
And though many do, I never cower in fright

The Shadow knows
And so do I
That what gives lift to most other virtues
What sustains and makes one's soul fly

Forgiveness for my enemies
The one's who have done grave harm
Revenge pushed away
In exchange for justice's long arm

With pinpoint accuracy
Was the evil extracted
Pulled from the innocent
Judged guilty and redacted

Placed safely away
To serve a penance
Helped by the very virtue that put it there
Sustained by Patience

No comments:

Post a Comment