Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Monster Under the Bed

There was a monster under my bed
I knew it
Just like I knew there was air
Unlike air though
It only lived there

At least that much was comforting
That I only had to worry about it grabbing my legs
Whenever I got into
Or out of
My just-a-little-too-high bed
With my just-a-little-too-short legs

I used a flashlight as defense
The monster under the bed
He didn't like that
It illuminated the dust kitties
And other assorted dirt bunnies
In a beam of holding at bay
Whatever it was that was held back

It never took a cohesive shape
One day I thought it was hairy
The next it had no hair at all
Just existing as a pink armless slathering worm

Reaching out for me with a tentacle
Which I only just avoided
By millimeters
When I swung quickly up into bed

My heart always beat with relief
As I lay there
Almost laughing at it's frustration
Knowing it couldn't get me
Because I was on the top of the bed
While it was restricted to the below

Now that I am grown though
I don't pay the monster under the bed much mind
I've moved on
To bigger and better things

Besides
I now know
That the monster under the bed
Actually lives inside of me

And no flashlight
Or quickness of feet
Or top of the bed
Will protect anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment