Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Vote Box

My vote must be made of meat
From the looks of the collection box
The way it's peering at me eagerly
Pointed teeth glinting in the government issue lights
Winking at me past the "Vote Here" placard
Like it's my friend
Like it's perfectly safe

But it can't fool me
I was here when it took the arm off that old lady
Just scant minutes ago
She was led one armed and screaming
"At least my Senator Mussinfuck will win!!"
Then muttering to herself
"Worth it, it was worth it..."
Flat on her back on the gurney
Blood staining the thin sheet over her
Getting shoved into the back of the bright flashing meatwagon

Now it was my turn
My votes filled in carefully
Just like taking a state mandated standard test
Each bubble filled in completely
With my number two pencil
A glance at the clock
Because I forgot where I was
And thought that Mr. Smith was going to tell me
"Time's up! Pencils down!"
Without any warning

This time
I'm going to outsmart that voting box
On the downleg to my walker I've go my special tool
Three feet long
With rubber tipped gripping fingers on the end
I use it to grab things up high
Or just nearby when I'm too lazy to get up

Placing the ballot firmly in it's rubber fingers
I reached out with the aluminum limb
Slipping my precious paper into the gaping maw
Which clamped down without warning upon the stick

And it was a struggle
I'm pretty sure I chipped the cursed box's teeth
But my ballot was consumed
To be passed and counted at a later time
My mangled reaching stick once again strapped to my walker

Step - shuffle - shuffle - step
I make my way back out to my car
Voting is a privilege
Made even more fun by having to outsmart the savage vote box

The Vote-O-Matic 10000
A pox be upon it's name

No comments:

Post a Comment