Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Fifth of November

I failed to remember the fifth of November
So when I awoke to the wails and the smoke
A feeling of genuine surprise was evoked
I'd prepared nothing for this anniversary day
But I need not dismay
For upon my front porch sat a brown wrapped box with a note
It said simply "Join Us"
And when I unwrapped what was inside
I found something perfect in just my size
A shiny new Guy Fawkes mask just for me
Which I donned with great pleasure
And made off to take my measure
Against the bastards who'd chop us all off at the knees
Don't wait up for me and let the cat out at ten if you please

"Remember remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot
I know of no reason
Why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot"

No comments:

Post a Comment