Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Fake Factoid

In my head are enough facts for a lifetime
Put there against my will
In state run education farms
Force fed a gruel of sponsored knowledge swill

Some of those facts
Are in fact facts
Whereas others are simply assumptions
Following closely by invisible bias
Which things we'd be fools to let guide us

Now in these more modern times
Where plot devices can be foiled with technology
Facts can be double checked
With results of varying variety

I still learn things occasionally
And sometimes they are even true
But sifting through all of them
Is just too much trouble
I'll leave that to you

What's in there is in there
Speaking of my head's factual throng
I don't let it out
Even when it's in the wrong

Too much trouble to Google
Can't afford the effort to Wiki
Let alone look inside Wolphram
The Alpha of the group

My preconceptions preconceived
Growing in the womb of my head
Safe and sound in the same neurons
Into which they were fed

Sometimes it's strange words
Different spellings
Different meanings
Meaning a myriad of things

Dates and names
Facts, events and claims
All swirled together for convenience
Mine not yours I assure
Thus keeping my thoughts shiny and pure

So when you think I'm wrong
Or even a shade mistaken
I'm afraid I'll just stay my course
My faith in me not a bit shaken

No comments:

Post a Comment