Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Simple Faith

I believe what I read
When you print something
It must be Truth
Not necessarily in paper and ink anymore
Pixels and e-ink will do as well
Once it’s there
It gets the stares
The eyes on the page
Soaking up the words
In through the eyes
Chewed in the brain
Defecated back out the mouth
To some unsuspecting soul

But it’s ok
Because I know you only print Truth

I believe what I hear
For when it’s uttered aloud
Sound waves flexing and bowing
To the inflections and flexing
Of your vocal chords
Carried with such self assurance
It cannot be doubted
It’s official
It’s doctrine
It’s whispered in my ear
For only me to hear
I shiver
For the Truth that you tell

It’s my lullaby
Your smooth words my favorite blanket

I believe what I see
It’s real
It’s in front of me
Illusion couldn’t explain
The image now burned on my retina
Of what you did
Or what you accomplished
Of the Truth of the light waves extended
Without breaking any laws
Making it to me with almost no delay
It might have been harsh
The Truth sometimes is

I forgive you
It was such a sight to see

I believe what I feel
Under my fingertips
With their unique I.D.
Stroking poking grasping gripping
Pulling the Truth out of the physical world
Passing it up my arms at lightning speed
Thank gods for neurons indeed
Receiving all that information
Compiling it for my poor cognition
Making it easy to understand
Like a picture book
Or a pantomime show

I like it
Words can be overrated

I form my faith based on those kinds of things
A belief in that which is there
A suspicion on everything else
What color is that house you ask?
I walk around it once
And tell you that the side right here, is white
But you just saw it all! You insist

But I suspect you may have repainted the other three in my wake

I am an unbeliever
I am Doubting Thomas
I am naught but a small child
With a jaundiced eye

Take me by the hand
And show it to me

No comments:

Post a Comment