Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, February 10, 2012

One Year Later


This time it wasn't a dream
This time the bars weren't rusty
The jailer wasn't a drunk
This was not an old western scenario

I could still hear the gallows being tested though
The morbid noise it makes
The pull of the handle
The creak of the trapdoor
The stretch noise the hemp rope makes
As the weighted dummy is hung

The gallows, after all, were my idea
And these in particular were assembled at my command
These same units were the ones from Albany
Disassembled after our defeat
Brought here to Washington D.C.
To be used after our trials

An example will be made of every last one of us
That's what the judge at the tribunal had said
He had even uttered those age old words at the sentencing

"To be hanged, until you are dead, dead, dead!"

I was almost stoned to death leaving the courthouse
The soldiers guarding me had  made sure of that
Leaving holes in their ranks
So the people gathered could take some justice

That was weeks ago though
The cuts and bruises almost healed up
Just in time to be executed

I had been encouraged to write my memoirs
All my thoughts and intentions leading up to the rebellion
They've refused to call it 'The Second Revolution'
Though that is the title I've given the memoirs
Who knows?  Perhaps it will stick yet

I poured my heart into those pages
My last chance to share my vision for the country
Maybe if enough people read it
all of this will not have been in vain
All the misguided and well intentioned actions
Of almost a year ago

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of the start of all this
I filmed a Public Service Announcement yesterday
Several of them I think
I read several scripts for the cameras
Lord knows what they'll actually be used for

The gist of everything I read was:

Reform, not revolution kids
Or you'll end up like me!

A Saturday morning message for the ages indeed

Reform, not revolution

I had the core problem right though
It was all about money
I should have taken all that money and bought some politicians
I just didn't have the patience

I should have known about the bombs though
From my point of view
I'm lucky that even one of them was real
Turns out that half of the units we bought were CIA fakes
Once again, unfortunately for me
Both of the ones in D.C. were booby trapped

That about wrapped things up for us
Not following through with the ultimatum to the President
That, and all the bombs that were being dropped on our heads
The Air Force boys finally took back control of the drones
That was a bad day

Or a good day
Depending on what side you were on

It's all in the memoirs though
Pick up a copy when they come out

I am the General of The Second American Revolution
Some will piss on my grave
But if history is any indication
I won't be hated forever
Time is all I need

No comments:

Post a Comment