Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Crossed Cow Girl


My wig is a little tight dammit
I blow a blonde curl out of my eyes in irritation
My fingers fuss with the hairpins a little more
Now it feels better
Felt like I was getting a headache already

Too early for that
Plenty of time for that later
After the cigarette smoke infuses my hair
I spill a few drinks on my outfit
Or someone else does
If I’m lucky

The lipstick rolls on smooth
Shiny like cherry candy
Lips smack
I tidy up with a little tissue
Almost
Perfect

When I was born
My family lived on Buckingham Street
Little cookie cutter Prairie homes
Mostly the same
Except for little additions from new owners
A garage here
A porch there
Oh! And a special window set over there
So very differentiated

In that little house
I had my first dog
A Great Dane called Gretchen
Gotten when I was a newborn
Because Gretchen’s mom had bitten mine
My mom that is
So naturally
A puppy from the biting mom dog made sense
To smooth things over

Don’t look a me
I’m sure it made sense at the time

I smile at myself in the mirror
I adjust my bust
Evening it out a bit
I look rather ravishing if I do say so

I look at my lines one more time
Almost time to go on
I’m singing a show tune
Which is, I know, a little cliché
But that’s how they happen
By being a little bit true

Cross dressing night at the Rowdy Cowboy
It’s my favorite night of the month
I put on my best dress
Make myself up nice
Sing a few songs
And ride the mechanical bull
Try to pick up a cowboy or two

“And now, on Rowdy Cowboy’s stage…..
Gretchen Buckingham!!”

Oops, gotta go
That’s my cue!


No comments:

Post a Comment