Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Clubbin'

It's an anthem
It's a sound cloud
It's a thumping beat
To make Dangermau5 proud

Tripping to the acid
Of the triple dub step beat
It's do or die on the dance floor
In one hundred degree heat

My sweat mixes with her sweat
And his with mine
I don't know either of them
But they are pressed against me for a time

Flashing lights
A disco syncopation
Giving me almost a seizure
Hands out braced in preparation

Linked with my partner's
Now an Asian man in a sweaty silk shirt
Teeth white with a blue tinge
In the glow of a black light

I can't decide who I like dancing with more
That guy that girl
Or maybe the one or dozen before
Passing in and out of my dance bubble in a swirl

Sudden silence
As house lights flicker
I hear someone laugh
Almost a nicker

Might have been me
Someone streaks by naked as a newborn
Hardly turns any heads though
Here it's as natural as any other form

You'd think this was a different planet
And for tonight it certainly is
Is it a Friday or a Saturday?
Might even be a Wednesday that bends in for this kiss

I don't care
My watch is at home
All I have is an ID and some cash
I'm one with the dance floor
It's how I unwind
Before it's back to the grind
Don't distract me
I want some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment