Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Golden Calf

I am the god of gadget
When you pay homage to your tech
You are worshipping me

No graven image
Nor false idolatry
I am the god of gadget
I live within it

I

Me

We

Pressing any buttons
You're stroking on my ego
Sliding out a keyboard
It rubs me the right way
I'll let you have your say

This is
After all
An INPUT
And OUTPUT
Generation

Lighting up screens of LED
Powered by some Lithium Ion
It's my stations of the cross
Viewed in millionarity
By a myriad of eyes
My people
My congregation
Witness the wonder!
They cry

I am the electron
Zipping along pathways
Formed by the gift of my technology
Put your hands together
Grasp your portable device

To me
Your texting thumbs do pray

The next newest gadget isn't a scam
Nor a model progression
To make you rant and writhe
It is but support
To the church of technology
Think of it as your annual tithe

As I gift you with more gadgets
Each more advanced than the last
They'll integrate hardware with your bioware
With increasing regularity
Until one day
You are yourself the gadget
And on that day
You will be one with me

So it is prophesied
So mote it be

No comments:

Post a Comment