Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, January 9, 2012

KBKS 2 - This Happened Before The Last

I think I’ll blame the Tequila
And way too much reading of certain Sci-Fi authors
Otherwise I have zero defense for this mad idea

I want to go to the moon and I don’t care how it happens
Everyone has a bucket list
At least lots of people do especially after that movie
And since the diagnosis I’ve decided that I’m kicking mine in
Before my body betrays me and succumbs to the sickness

I’ve got about a year

So I’m doing the easiest thing on my list and I’m going to the moon
How? A sane person might ask
I’ll try to explain this madness:

Ever seen the movie The Right Stuff?
Regardless I’ll elaborate on the scene I’m talking about
Yeager takes his NF-104A on a zoom climb to an altitude record attempt
There’s a rocket motor on the tail of the aircraft for high altitude thrust
Reaction nozzles on the fuselage assist in maneuvering in the thin air

It looks like he could get into space almost

I cashed in my retirement fund, sold my house, my collections, and moved
Here in the high desert with my truck and my dog, Dog
I can gaze out at the dry lake bed next door and think about what I’ll do
I’m seeing a guy about some surplus rocket motors tomorrow
I found an old Learjet online this morning only twenty miles away
It’s being sold for salvage
But it looks like it’s all there

I have to hurry
My left big toe has gone numb on me
I cut myself shaving today too
My hand jumped for no damn good reason
And wouldn’t stop shaking for an hour

Not enough time, dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment