Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Kisses, Blood, Kerosene, and Silk

She was kissing me
Kissing me all over my face
A vision in pink
The love of my life
Her lips so soft and sweet

I opened my eyes
And Dog was licking me
I was lying halfway between the trailer and the work tent
I think I broke a tooth
I sat up and spit some blood out

This has definitely been getting worse
The meds don’t seem to be helping as much anymore
I have numerous mini seizures throughout the day
The Mormon family is worried about me
Different combinations of two or three of them stop by almost every day
They invited me to stay closer to them
Their property is almost one hundred acres

I’m almost tempted

But I have to keep my agenda in mind
Test flight is tonight
And I have several little things to get done beforehand
Passing out for almost an hour in the sun didn’t help

I’ve pulled the nitrogen and oxygen tanks for the flight
I won’t need them
I’ve already tested them and they work fine
What I need is less weight
I’ve really pushed the gross weight of the Lear
What with the extra structure, three rocket motors
And assorted support crap

I’m only filling the tip tanks with rocket fuel for the test
I’m not lighting the motors off for long
I just want to see how it handles the extra thrust in flight

Kerosene in the left
Hydrogen peroxide in the right
A nice half tank of Jet A
A clear cool night

I filed a flight plan for this evening
I don’t want any trouble
A simple flight profile
Just testing out an aircraft
Performance climb
And some low and high altitude maneuvering
Nothing to see here
Move along

This is a good dry run for Dog as well
Seeing me fly away might freak him out
Seeing me come back will reassure him
That I’ll come back next time too

I feel like such a liar though
I’ve been working on a letter to leave the Mormon family
Trying to explain what I’m really trying to do
I find myself at a loss for words mostly
I’ll just do my best

Everything is all set for tonight
I’ll just go inside, take a shower and relax
I got a couple pairs of silk underwear and undershirts
I thought that would be pretty comfortable

I get a crooked half smile
Revealing my newly chipped tooth
Then it’ll be time to put on the suit

No comments:

Post a Comment