Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Interpereted Cree Prophecy


The sun finally hazed out yesterday
It was a hundred years coming
About the same time the buffalo panicked
And they haven’t stopped running

In the dim twilight
That passes for midday
The North American herd thunders onward
Flattening anything in their way

But that’s the least of our worries
All the oil ran out years ago
But having plenty of coal
I wasn’t going to let lack of oil bring me low

Converted my hot rod to run on coal oil
It’s not as efficient
And sure is expensive
Some months I have to choose fuel or rent

But the car is pretty comfortable
Which is a good thing
As the grass has started to die
Which is what lack of sunlight will bring

It occurs to me that that should slow down the buffalo
With no fuel in their bellies
They’ll have to slow
Or learn to make buffalo pyramids and eat the trees

At least I won’t have to smell their rotting carcasses
When at last they fall and decompose
I’ve got this nuclear filter I wear
About and inch up my nose

The air is mostly toxic
It’d have to be to block out the sun
Of all the people to have to point that out to you
I wouldn’t have thought I’d be the one

I apologize
I’m just a little testy
This meal just isn’t very good
It’s the neighbor’s little Westie

Kind of tough
Which is surprising
Knowing the pampered life the pooch lived
You’d have though he was a king

Don’t judge me though
Food is getting scarce
With the air so bad
The sun blocked out
Plants dead and brown
Pretty soon you’re going to look
Pretty nutritious to me

But first
Before I do something so cannibalistic
I’m going to test out the old Cree prophecy
There was a rumor about the paper and ink
That rides around in your pocket

Rumor has it
That it’s organic
And just full of nutrients
So meet me here in an hour
Gather up all the money you can
We’ll have us an old fashioned stone soup party
With greenbacks as the main ingredient

And if that fails
You’d better watch your back my friend




No comments:

Post a Comment