Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Out Of Time


I’m stepping out of time
I’m tired of the rat race
I’m stepping out
Stepping back
Saving grace

Looking in from the outside
The universe isn’t so wide
I spread my arms
I can encompass it
It can’t resist my charms

Making it more manageable
I squeeze it down a bit
Not down to singularity
But something close
Something flat

A four dimensional map
Which is okay
It doesn’t hurt my brain
Not in any way

I fold it flat
And take a look at the scene
Past, present, and future
All a united meme

Confusing at first
I soak it up a bit
Then my eyes cross
So I have a sit

My cosmic armchair
All comfy and full of ether
Real Corinthian leather
And just for a touch of class
A drug lord’s beeper

I am a child of the ‘80’s

The universal map
Spread out on a war room table
I touch here
And I’m there
Watching things unfold

A planet dying
A star crying
A nebula giggling
Warring races vying

From my place out of time
I can watch anything
The moment of creation
The progress of evolution

Everything is hands off though
I can’t touch anything
I can’t change anything
I can only watch

I can even see the future
And I’m not in it
Yet I’m everywhere

I don’t know if I like this
Demi-goddery stuff

I fluff up the map
Until it regains it’s universal shape
I’ll let that roll awhile

Pressing the button
On my ether filled chair
A footrest pops out
It’s a galactic Lazy Boy

Real Corinthian leather creaks
I slump down for a short nap
Perhaps a few weeks
Or a millennium

Water the dogs for me

No comments:

Post a Comment