Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Egads! A Clot!

It's hard and irregular shaped
Painful to the touch
And wasn't there yesterday
Not that I can remember much

I probe with my fingers
Gently into my belly
Feeling what's there
My nerves turning to jelly

It makes me sick to feel it
Like a creature growing unbidden
Did I mate with an alien in my sleep
How could I keep this hidden?

Visions of horrors fill my head
Aliens popping up through my chest
Oddly an image of a pregnant Arnold Schwarzenegger
And an irresistible urge to nest

I'm going to sleep on this
As icky as it feels
Maybe it will go away of it's own accord
Maybe I'll wake up giving birth to eels

Only time will tell
As my eyes grow heavier
A last thought that I might die from this
Then my mind floats off like a feather

Awakening in the morning
The sun illuminating my pain
Covers are thrown off me
Dismay on my face very plain

My stomach was now distended
I'll try to describe it
Go with me on this

Imagine a plastic bag
Now put a stiff one eighth cable in there
Bend it so it pushes against the bag pretty hard
And that's what I've got here

Except it's inside of me
The skin is stretched so tight
I can almost see exactly what it is
I grab myself a flashlight

I shine it one way
And then the other
Having an inspiration
I shine it through my skin from the bottom

Looking down through the tight skin
Now illuminated redly against the dim
I can clearly see a smallish artery
Pressurized hard and bowed out
I touch it with my hand
Pain shoots to my brain telling me to stop
I can feel my heartbeat in it
Pumping it harder with every beat

I look at the left end of it
About four inches from my belly button
There does appear to be an obstruction
It's a clot!
I think to myself in a panic
It's blocking the flow
Making me manic

What should I do?
What should I do?

Then nature takes over
As I peer intently with great panic
The clot mottled pale and purple
Moves ever so slightly
Stretching itself out
Almost like an inchworm
Inching around inside

I can watch it move
A little more now
Then quickly unobstructing
Racing from view
My stomach regains
It's previous normal shape
For which I'm glad
However not perfect it is

But where did it go?
Having that running around just can't be good
But then I know where it is
As my heart skips a beat and stops

Pain lances across my chest
I know I'm going to pass out
But with my last ounce of energy
I channel Homer Simpson
And punch myself in the chest
One shot, only one

And it works
My heart stutters up again
Pushing that nasty clot through
Going to where unwanted clots go
I only hope it doesn't grow

Or go to my brain
That would be bad
Who knows what could happen
Oh, ouch!

What was that?
Smells like burnt toast
Suddenly the floor looks so interesting
I think I'll just sit here
And drool

1 comment: