Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Drone

I've misplaced my desktop
I came in this morning
And It was nowhere I could find
It's frustrating and stupid
Makes me feel like I'm losing my mind

All I can see
Is a sea of papers
Folders stacked high with projects within
And the tops of desk knicknacks
Protruding like the odd shark fin

I don't think I'll ever see my desktop again
The work displayed
Is enough for a year
And it just keeps coming in

One day I fell asleep at my desk
And when I awoke
I had to burrow my way out
The amount that had come in almost made me choke

This will go on forever
I'm at the wrong end of the delivery tube
It just keeps on pouring in
Nobody even bothering with lube

I've given up on sleep
I stay here twenty four hours a day
In a vain attempt to get ahead
I've literally traded my life away

I've lately come to the realization
As I work like an office zombie
That I'm not meant to ever finish it all
There's no relation to money
For cost is no objective in this endeavor
There is only one fact that is key

I'm a lower middle class drone
Right down to my bone
Opportunity never darkening my door
Till the day that I drop dead on this floor

No comments:

Post a Comment