Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Space Sonnet

"I dream of a galaxy where your eyes are the stars
And the universe worships the night"

Which is where things go from romantic to horrifying
For as the words passed my lips
So it was
With billions and billions of eyes looking down on me

Unimpressed blue eyes
Blinking in disdain
Wishing for some way to punish me for awakening them

Somewhere far off was a screaming tearing sound
And I imagined the universe trying to form a mouth
Filled with impossible spikes for teeth
With which to rend my existence for all eternity in its maw

All for the love of thee
And comparing your eyes to stars
Oh what a foolish suitor am I
To steal my sonnet from a bad Star Trek script




No comments:

Post a Comment