Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Searching For Super

The old sign was freshly painted
"Become a real superhero or - $5"
And it seemed like an odd typo
To have that 'or' hanging off the end
But hey 
Nobody is perfect

So I went into the single wide that the sign was hanging on

I paid my five bucks
An old man in a lead suit gave me a box and left the room
I opened it
I dropped dead

The old man tottered back 
Dragged a piece of drywall off an opening in the floor
And rolled me into it
Where I fell into bottomless darkness

Box picked up
Plywood in place
Old man waiting
The experiment set for the next person

Upon the wall next to the calendar
Was a sign with a small whiteboard square
It currently read

"It has been 9768 days
Since the last superhero"

No comments:

Post a Comment