Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

2nd Day of Christmas

On the second day of Christmas
I worked filling in where my hearth should be
The evidence of my spiked man-trap
Strategically located at the base of the chimney

First throwing in some lime
In the hopes Saint Nicholas would soon dissolve
Shovelful followed shovelful
Each time feeding my festive resolve

To plausibly deny any involvement
With what was at the bottom of the hole
Wrapped in red velvet trimmed with white fur

Past that
I played with my new Lego sets
Eating festive cookies
With fresh buttered baguettes

Some packages were prepared
For the postman and the butcher
The paperboy and snow removal guy
And a babysitter named Ericka

Then I opened them all back up
Rewarding myself instead
Boxing Day is a European holiday after all
And this is 'Murica!

All washed down with two things I love
A locally brewed beer
And two barbecued turtle doves


No comments:

Post a Comment