Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, September 30, 2013

I See Your Grass Seems Greener Than Mine

My neighbor's grass is always greener
Over yonder other side
Outperforming whatever scrub I cultivate
My fence acting as a kind of great divide

I'd say that I am jealous
But truth be told I'm not
For I don't spend a ransom on Tru Green
Nor do I spend hours cutting and trimming like a mindless robot

No he can have his greener grass
I'll keep mine the way that it is
Uneven and patchy looking
Flowers here and there along with a variety of mosses

And though he tosses me dirty looks whenever he mows in my direction
I simply look up from my book in calm reflection
Wave lazily with half a smile
Thinking that perhaps it's my grass that looks greener to him


No comments:

Post a Comment