Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Few Things Are Forever

Rain falling down upon me
Running down my rocky body
To end it all in the sea
Mixing in with the krill and the kraken
A frothy salty winter spring summer fall mix

Standing here while you timidly put your toe into the sea
Casting nets from shore
Before switching to sail then steam

Dwelling in my shadow
Raising wooden cities from mud huts
Giving way to concrete and steel

I see you
With all of the clever things
That a big brain and opposable thumbs bring

Don't think I'll shed a rocky tear
When all your works crumble away in time
And I'm still here
Watching

Rain still falling upon me
Sea still churning below
Without you bald monkeys running the show


No comments:

Post a Comment