Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Valley Beavers

The cable's out
And I can't see why
It won't come back on
No matter what tricks I try

I've turned the modem off and on again
Then unjacked the cable for a minute or two
To dissipate all the static electricity you know
If you believe all that crap they usually tell you

There is continuity all the way to the pole
I used my multimeter with extra long jumper wires
So that if they tell me it's got to be on my end
I can without reservation call them liars

Now I'm chasing the line down the line
On a miniature set of zip line grips
Going from pole to pole to the junction
Suspending in a harness from my hips

Then I see it up straight ahead
A pole is on it's side like it's dead
Some movement catches my eye at it's jagged base
I hit the release button and land lightly rolling in place

Now all is still
Not a creature is stirring as I scan for the issue
When suddenly the entire downed pole starts sliding into the bushes!

I leap twenty feet
Or maybe half a mile
Landing like a cat
With a Cheshire smile

Now riding atop the moving pole
Barely making out the blurry movement responsible
Brown heaving pelts at the far end
Unsure with what creature I would contend

A flash of buck teeth gave me all that I would need
To turn on my heel and flee with great speed
'Tis no mystery now what felled the cable internet pole
It was the dastardly McClannagh Beaver clan's incessant greed
Driving them to steal treated wood on the whole
Dragging them into the nearby valley en masse
Damming the Throrush River their ultimate goal

Now knowing what I was up against I called for reinforcements
This would require agents with special endorsements
Specialized tools and supplies
To carry over the rise

And thus into the deep Valley of the McClannagh Beaver



No comments:

Post a Comment