Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Rock

The day was bright and sunny
And I could have cared less
It could have been fifty below
It's all the same to me

After all
I am a rock

Clinging to this cliff face
And quite frankly a bit bored
Looking for a bit of excitement
Looking for a change of scenery
Looking to cause a little damage in the process

As I think heavy rocky thoughts on the matter
A noise piques my interest

Far below
A man walks the narrow path along the face of the cliff
One hand on the old rusty tourist railing that the monks had installed
The other hand practically hanging over the abyss
His head on a swivel taking in the scenery
Putting way too much trust in that metal rail on his left

I'm going to take him out
He seems to cocky

So I start to wiggle and rock myself in place
Working at the dirt and debris that cements me in place
Feeling it loosen it's grip as the man comes closer to the imaginary "X" on the path
That spot where I know I'll be able to flatten him

Oh boy
This is going to be sweet!
Excitement
A new spot to sit
And mayhem
All in one motion

I live for this crap

The man walks
I wiggle
The man strolls
I break free

Tumbling down the cliff face
In an almost vertical plunge to the drop zone
I bounce lightly on the side of the mountain
Picking up speed in that oh so predictable manner

We both arrive at the appointed spot at the same moment
The gawking human
The falling rock

I smash into his skull with all of my weight
A shriek of maniacal laughter erupts from me as I feel the contact!

The man reaches up his hand suddenly
Touching the spot where a pebble had just bounced off his head
"Ow!"  He says to nobody
As he is all alone on the trail
Or is he?

He stops and looks around carefully

He could have sworn he heard someone laughing


No comments:

Post a Comment