Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Oblitus Memorias

Memories aren't perfect
Mine more so than most
How can I describe how it is?
I'll offer these rough examples
And I'll fix them up in post

I would make a perfect priest
At least for the confessional part of things
For I would listen like a wise little owl
Inside my darkened center confessional compartment
As you pour your sins out to my ears
I could offer platitudes of comfort
And acts of contrition appropriate in size
Only to forget most everything that was shared with me
Before the next sunrise

As a mob lawyer
I'd be the perfect defender
With my clientele we could discuss detailed criminal operations
Picking at the facts
Creating a credible defense
Leading the jury by the hand from act to act
Then afterwards my conscience would be clear
For I'd forget so much that I'd have no fear
And if the Feds came to me and wanted me to play ball
They could grill me for days or weeks looking for information
But my honest answer would always be "I do not recall"

I'd be fun at parties
I can be convinced of many things
Just Photoshop some pictures and concoct a story
And before you know it I'll be right on board
With false memories to go along with the events
Facts and images now firmly in my brain wherever such things are stored

Oh memories!
In the crevasses of my mind
Those compacted impacted memories....
Of the worst forgotten kind


No comments:

Post a Comment