Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Morning Blues

The morning blues
Where nothing looks appetizing
Nobody is worth talking to
No sights are breathtaking
Sounds fall flat as pancakes
Rotating on the lazy susan of my mind's breakfast table

The cereal floats in it's milky liquid
Wet looking cardboard
Tasting about as good
This corrugated paper coated with too much sugar
That will make my piss smell sweet in a few hours

The woman walking her dog past the house as I come outside
Says good morning
And then I lose track of what she is saying
The muted Charlie Brown trombone all that I hear
The secrets of the universe and happiness
Buried in bad impromptu jazz notes

The sun rising like thunder from the proverbial poem
Illuminating the early morning fishing boats
Little black diamonds upon a shimmering sea
White gulls floating upon the morning breeze
All a dull common sight
Irritating my allergies and causing a sudden sneeze

A special set of music downloaded just the night before
I'd searched for it for months
A new audio treasure unfolds upon my ears
Already sounding trite and on radio rotation replay
Causing a headache in the front to bring me to tears

Maybe the leftover tacos for lunch will perk me up


No comments:

Post a Comment