Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Curve Knuckle Run Safe Maybe

Curve spittle curve right left straight
Hands clenched upon the bat's ratty grip
This is the pitch I've come to hate
A swing and a miss just a little too much side slip

Knuckle grip twisted finger high rate sink
Ready once again in a pre swing funk
I read this one coming before I could even think
Arms swinging in reaction shattering the bat for the junk

It didn't go far and it didn't go fast
I ran for it anyways because it's in my contract
The pitcher scoops the squib and throws but I won't be last
Aiming for the bag at full speed prepare for first baseman contact

All three of us knocked unconscious from the impact
The first baseman, the umpire, and me the runner I
Who was out and who was safe
Who can say oh say ain't baseball great


No comments:

Post a Comment