Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Morning Spazz

Morning spazz
Where everything tastes like candy
Everybody is fascinating
Sights are intoxicating
Sounds are involuntary spasms of dance waiting to happen
Upon the dancefloor of the world's stage

Sixteen pancakes stacked like Jenga
Daring me to pull one out from the center
But I don't
Instead I place butter between every pan fried flat cake
Before smothering the whole affair in real Vermont maple syrup
A golden dream piled carefully on my plate
The smell alone driving me wild
I eat them like a starved animal

The woman and her dog speak spritely to me as I put a letter in the post
Drawing me into a scintillating conversation
Which has me speculating the origins of everything and pancakes
She checks her watch giving me a hint
But I obliviously press on
Talking about the Doctor Who season finale in minute detail
The massiveness of the graveyard Tardis and on and on

On my drive in to work the sunrise intrigued me
So I pulled over and walked onto the beach
Ignoring all the Do Not Trespass signs
For as we know only the best places have those
Sitting in the sand watching Sol rise in the East
Gulls circling hoping for pancakes as I wiggle sand through my toes

I'd found the most amazing music the night before
And only now was listening to it for the first time
Chords I'd never heard before
Words sung into melodic couplets leading to places unimagined
An epic rock opera album from a band nobody knows
Something new to share in a knowing hipster glow
I can't tear myself away
And sit outside of work until it is done

My boss walks outside and knocks on my window
I roll it down with a smile
He says that I am fired and walks away
I continue to sit there rocking out for awhile
Before driving off

In search of Second Breakfast




No comments:

Post a Comment