Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, April 27, 2012

This Man

This man
Wakes in the morning
Before the sun rolls out of bed
Gazes at the twinkling starlight
Scratches his head and says

"What ever could be
Bigger than me?"

This man
Makes his living
With his hands
With his eyes
With all the parts he was given
And says to himself

"This is a hell of a way to make a living
What would happen if I just stopped?"

This man
Throws down his work
Which has kept him busy for so long
Chooses to walk the earth
Like a man named Cain
And says to himself

"This world is what's bigger than me
When I was so wrapped up in my life
I was too small to see"

This man
Makes a difference
Not by walking a treadmill every day
Grinding up grist
For which others must pay
He greets every person in much the same way

"Hello, I am you
Yet I don't know you
Tell me about yourself
Show me what you do"

This man
He learns what he sees
And teaches what he has learned
Till his feet grow tired
And lays his head down
For the longest goodnight
Thinking to himself

I learned what was real
I learned what was bigger
It was me
It was everyone
It was the ground
On which I stood

No comments:

Post a Comment