Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Kiss Kiss

Kiss kiss
I slalom the car left then right
Imagining brushing each curb in turn
Carrying my speed on into the night

It's a holdover from childhood
When I went fast and turned left
In little midget cars
On little tracks
Little hands
Little feet
Pleather jacket buttoned up neat

I'm not as good turning right
Doesn't feel as natural
Probably never will
But I do it just to spite you
And of that
I'll never get my fill

I read some tips on driving once
And one remains with me still
Imagine a glass of water on the dash
And going fast without a spill

That's how you can be smooth
That's how you can be fast
The two aren't mutually exclusive
The traction pie will have your ass

It's harder than it looks
I tried it once for real
I ended up with water all over the place
And damn near a mass of twisted steel

I'm not as good as I am in my head
Or as I'd wish to be
It's fun to take some time out though
Just to pretend that it is real

Kiss kiss
Left right left right
Don't spill the water
Always try your best

Kiss kiss
Left right left right
Ad infinitum
Until you are out of sight


No comments:

Post a Comment