Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Superduper

When all else fails
I'm the one you call
The superhero in rags
Someone to take the fall

With my cape flapping behind me
I come running to save the day
Leaping then stumbling
Trying to get out of my own way

I never said I was graceful
I never said I was keen
I never said I wouldn't catch on fire
When doused with gasoline

Cars I can't lift
Bullets I can't outrun
You'd almost say what's the point then?
I say, rather, that's half the fun

If I were invincible
Then none of this would be a chore
Things would be easy
Life but a bore

But as it stands
I have to work for every accolade
More a Batman in spirit
Than a Superman Kyrpton made

So throw up the signal
Dial my 800 number
However you summon me
I'll take your call
Operators are waiting
Join the short queue
I'm your superhero in rags
And I know just what to do


No comments:

Post a Comment