Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Touch

The flaw beneath my fingertips
It seems so large when I am not looking
As the tips of my digits stroke an otherwise smooth surface
These ridges are as deep as canyons to me

But then I look
And the irregularities are quite shallow
Appearing as no more than a rough scribe line
Though a bit wider for sure

I perform due diligence
I reference my standards
I measure with calipers and depth gauges
Only to find it well within limits

Making note of this
Moving on to the next thing
Not letting it bother me
At least not very much

The next part looks pretty fine as I pick it up
Cradling it in my arms and giving it a stroke and a touch
Closing my eyes and letting fingers help my mind to see
The first little marks again seem as big as mountains to me


No comments:

Post a Comment