Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Frozen

I tried standing still all day
Arms outstretched like a tree
And wouldn't you know it
It started raining so as to soak me to the bone
My clothes clung to me
Clammy and damp
Oh I was a sight to see

The temperature dropped
It dropped like a rock rolling with the sun
Further away it dropped out of sight
The setting sun and the rock becoming one

Rain turned to sleet
And big chunky slushy snow
Coated my wet clothes face and hair
Giving me a shocking white frozen afro

I froze solid in place
A statue of ice flesh and permanent press
Garments adding color
Making me look quite the hot mess

In the night the wind started to blow
My frozen form swayed a little
But things were stiff and cracks started to show
I started to worry that I was too brittle
To last without the storm laying me low

At last something did break
My right arm coming down in a crash
All crystalline and color
My eyes trying to see the cold color gash

But they had little time to waste
As a descending oak branch descended in a rush
Making the most of it's thirty two point two feet per second acceleration
Smashing into me and making one crashing laceration

Shattering me into a million faceted fragments in the icy snow

When the sun finally rose
It was to the sight of a murder of crows
Picking at the ground where it was that I once stood
Taking what was left of me
Away on kaw-kawing black wing
To nourish some new life
Residing in tall tree or short bush

Of me all that was left were my glasses
On the ground where it was that I once stood
Arms outstretched like a tree
Oh poor piteous me
Mother nature took right good care of me
Just as I knew that she would




No comments:

Post a Comment