Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, April 26, 2013

A Helping Hand

My arm was straight up in the air
Reaching into an aircraft wing compartment
My head and body wouldn't fit
So the arm was where it was

I'd been smart and wrapped a rag around my forearm
For catching the Skydrol hydraulic fluid
Because my hand is holding an actuator in place
While my partner on top of the wing attaches the mount bolts
And hooks up the lines

Meanwhile the new actuator is leaking
Slowly but surely down my arm to the rag
Leaving me wondering how long the rag will hold out
Before it gets saturated
Sending rivulets of fluid the rest of the way down my arm
To my armpit
And wherever else it wants to go

"Hurry up!"
I call out to my partner

There is no answer
Though I can feel him as he works on the actuator

The first drop of fluid makes it's way past the rag on my forearm
Slowly going down the inside of my arm
Into my armpit
Where it sets up a burning sensation
Like when you eat some deceptively spicy hot food
And the sensation just builds and builds

Except this is in my armpit
And I can't reach it

It burns


No comments:

Post a Comment