Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Snooze-Mares

Four-oh-one in the AM
And my phone's alarm titters me awake
Right hand swings on the end of a right arm
Finding the wretched thing
Pushing any button it can find
To silence the sleep shattering sound
Starting the snooze cycle
For eight more minutes of rest

That short snooze cycle
Throws one into an almost awake state
Where the dreams they feel real
As next alarm waits at the gate

Laying there in the bed
Early AM darkness all around
I feel my stomach stir
Thinking it could be hunger
But then I hear a voice say, "Excuse me, sir?"

Snapping my eyes open I look down
Finding much to horror something there
Protruding from my stomach
Just above the innie button
A small dark creature
Almost muppet-like in nature

The sock puppet mouth opened and spoke
"Hey, my  name's Barry Bowel
And we need to talk about your diet I think....."

I couldn't take it
My hands went down and tried to push him back in
"Hey!  Wait, don't do that....."
The bowel protested
But I didn't listen as I pushed and prodded at his skin
Back down into his hole

A nightmare tear in my abdominal wall

Four-oh-nine came just in time
The alarm sounding once again
Where my sleeping hand was already astride the phone's form
Pushing the button almost as the first blip and bloop made waves
Making eight more minutes of time for my brain to play tricks upon me

That short snooze cycle
Throws one into an almost awake state
Where the dreams they feel real
As next alarm awaits like a date with fate


No comments:

Post a Comment