Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, November 22, 2021

Just Don't Think About It

The rear end of a trash truck was bright in the darkness
My brain designed the arrangement of lights as a face
In an all too typical fit of pareidolia
Though definitely a mechanical version of one
Just a rough outline of five white lights
With one steadily flashing orange one at top center

Awaiting an input perhaps

George Harrison played on my radio
Another cheerful song
About some serious subject

And my mind wanders
Back to serious things
That I normally keep tucked away

Orange flashing light
George Harrison
Fucked up thoughts

I wish they'd go away

So I pass the now disapproving face of lights
That ass end of a speeding trash truck
Revealing open road ahead
Lined by all the multi-colored reflectors
That everyone wants to put at the end of their driveways
On their mailboxes
Corner posts
And unique family signs
Each trying so hard to be one of a kind
That they all bleed together into a kaleidoscope of colors
One not being distinct from another, really

George finishes his song
To reveal a sudden
"Burt Watson Chevrolet!
The only Chevrolet dealer by the airport!"

Distraction

I think of other things

More pleasant things

I bump up the cruise control a couple of times

And I drive on


- FDR22NOV2021

No comments:

Post a Comment